- Manufacturing Engineer
- Salary between £31,000-£35,000 pa
- Permanent contract
- Excellent benefits
- Based in Stranraer (Scotland)
- Hours: Monday to Thursday 08:00 - 16.30, Friday 08:00 - 12:30
Ensuring the smooth transition of design concept through to production. This will include the use of recognised Manufacturing Engineering techniques to maximise efficiency throughout the process.
- Review existing product design for improved manufacturing efficiency.
- Contribute to configuration management.
- Carry out cost benefit analysis for process improvements.
- Investigate/source modern and innovative materials/equipment.
- Participate in continuous improvement teams.
- Analyse and review design concepts to ensure manufacturing capability feeding back information to Design Engineers.
- Determine the process for manufacture and assembly.
- Production jig and fixture design.
- Co-ordinate pre-production build of new products.
- Writing work instructions and production aid documentation.
- Determine and implement process controls for production.
- Support the NPI process of new and existing products.
- Review data provided by QA and production to ensure continuous improvement of process.
- Assess Supplier Capability and Process control.
- Communicate lessons learned to all parties including design, quality & production.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Read Engineering drawings, technical specifications & Bills of Material.
- Systematic approach to projects and improvement activities.
- Calculate financial implications during process implementation and improvement.
- Team focused with the ability to participate in and/or lead cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean manufacturing and other process control tools.
- Design of jigs and fixtures good oral & written communication skills.
- Full UK driving license.
- Proven experience in Manufacturing/Engineering Environment.
- Ability to make decisions within defined procedures and use initiative
- Computer literate with experience of using all Microsoft Office systems, bespoke IT packages, databases, and data analysis software.
- Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Hands on approach at investigating and solving hardware and process problems.
- BTec, HNC, HND or degree in Electro / Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering.
- Minimum three years' experience in a similar role within an engineering / manufacturing industry.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office suite and data manipulation using computers.
- Understanding of manufacturing equipment and machinery.
- Understanding of Minitab or equivalent statistical software packages.
- Lean/six-sigma experience beneficial.
If you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply today to be considered for an immediate interview.
Start date: ASAP Duration: ONGOING